Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recap

I've been meaning to update sooner than this but I just haven't had the time and work on it so here it is. This week has had a lot of ups and downs. Last week we went to chemotherapy everyday from around 8:30am til anywhere between 1:30-3:30pm. It depended who our nurse was and how fast they felt they could run the fluids and the chemotherapy. On Monday thru thursday we went to the holland office, it was was nice that we are able to have our own room. On Friday theholland office is closed, so we headed out to Grand Rapids. It was a really amazing facility, with really beautiful layout and artwork. When we are there we are in our own little cubicle and are able to talk with people around us.
It was reallly interesting how people with cancer really bond when you in a place like the chemotherapy treatment facility. We had a nice older couple sitting next to us who was just diagnosed. We talked with them a bit and told our "story" and they shared their story. It was really nice.
Through the whole week Drew was really exhausted. Most days Drew would come home and go to the couch and feel pretty crappy. This weekend was by far the worst both with nausea and exhaustion. He has started to feel much better these last couple days, even been able to go into work and hang out on tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully he will continue feeling good and able to get out and keep food down.
Thanks to everyone who has sent cards, messages, gift cards, and brought meals. We are eternally grateful to everyone who has been praying for us.

4 comments:

  1. sorry for the rough weekend. :( :( i'm glad he's been feeling better and hopes he continues to!! you guys are on my mind all the time, i'm glad you're feelin the love and the prayers! love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY it is me, Liz! I don't have a blog so I am just testing to see if this will work

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY it worked, now I can leave a message:) I wanted to let you guys know that I have been thinking about you both constantly. Drewski, I am loving the new hair:). I came across a verse the other day and was convinced that it was made to share with you both:

    “I’ve been carrying you on my back from the day you were born. And I’ll keep on carrying you when you are old. I’ll be there, bearing you when you are old and gray. I’ve done it and will keep on doing it, carrying you on my back saving you”
    -Is 46:3-4

    Love you guys, I will be home next weekend so I hope that I can drop off some goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys should be feeling lots of love from Chicago right now :) Hope that this weekend is better than last... Continued thoughts and prayers for peace and strength!

    ReplyDelete